Lead for us
Wild Traveler trip leaders are enthusiastic about working with teenagers and have strong experience instructing teenagers in an outdoor setting. A positive influence on our participants, they create a fun, safe, and supportive environment in which each teenager can thrive. Wild Traveler leaders focus on fostering constructive group dynamics; facilitating games, activities and initiatives; overseeing outfitted activities; and ensuring that each participant is able to safely achieve their goals. Wild Traveler trip leaders also provide natural and cultural history relevant to their location and deliver the curriculum inherent in our community service programs.
Our leaders, with one or two co-leaders, guide groups of up to twelve participants through rigorous community service projects and outdoor adventure activities. Our leaders and students participate in backpacking, sailing, rafting, SCUBA diving, surfing, snorkeling, sea kayaking, international service projects, and cultural exchanges. Other leader responsibilities include travel logistics; communicating with parents by phone, email and online trip blog; touching base with office staff; and executing excellent risk management.
- Four-year college degree in recreation, education or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading / instructing teenagers in an outdoor setting
- International travel experience
- Experience participating in and leading adventure activities
- Current Wilderness First Responder certification or higher
- Excellent health and physical condition
- Clean background check and driving record
- Strong group-building and communication skills
- Desire to work with teenagers and develop strong rapport
Salary and Benefits
Wild Traveler trip leaders are contracted to lead one or two trips, ranging from fourteen to seventeen days each. Wild Traveler trip leaders earn a competitive wage higher than industry standard.
All Wild Traveler trip leader positions are FULL for summer 2024.
How to Apply
Email us at [email protected] with your cover letter, resume, three professional references and all applicable certifications. We will contact you to schedule an interview after receiving all documentation.